About my work on this site
This site follows a fine line. The club is very contemporary, but it's a social club and doesn't want to look like a commercial trip organizer or resort. (And, no, you don't have to be Swiss.)
I edited, wrote and helped organize the copy, at the same time optimizing it for search engines. Writing text for humans and robots simultaenously is one of the most important -- and most difficult -- parts of the search engine optimization process. In addition, while I was webmaster I cobbled up interfaces to make the club's home-grown back-end systems more usable.
For the club's sake, I'm pleased to say that I've passed the reins to others. In a volunteer organization, it's good to spread the capabilities and responsibilities among people.
For the record, I had nothing to do with the current site's graphic design and some of its newer elements.
Click below, and the site will appear in another window.
Other online experience:
• Online store (fashion hosiery)
• Online store (premium socks & tights)
• E-books (long-copy online sales letters)
• Writers Retreat (long-copy online sales letter)
• Medical (pharmaceuticals)
• IT consulting
• Tech/software support
• Industrial machinery (paper, printing)
• Waterjet machining (industrial)
• New consumer product (household accessory)
• Custom paint manufacturer (industrial)
• Online store (automotives)
• Restaurant and wine bar
• Real estate broker
• Law firm (real estate)
• Ski club
• Branded legwear (B2B)
• Brochure site (gift retailer)
• My own site (part of my 9 years' SEO experience)